Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
So, what will you do?
- Design and build intuitive and engaging experiences using React/Redux
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Work with a talented team of developers and UI designers to build features that encourage social interactions and help form real relationships
- Participate in a highly collaborative environment, we want you to share your expertise as we value everyone’s thoughts and ideas on how we solve problems.
- Participate in software code reviews and architecture design to ensure flawless execution.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with other team members to resolve them.
You'll be a match for this role if you have...
- Experience successfully designing, building and delivering a flagship product with React, preferably at scale
- Production experience with Redux, UI Frameworks (i.e. Material-UI) and Testing Frameworks (i.e. Jest)
- 3+ years experience using React.js and Typescript
- 2+ experience with C# and .NET
- Know your way around Gatsby, NPM, Yarn and Webpack
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Detail oriented by writing clean and testable cod
- Ability to solve problems and proactively identify solutions
- A passion for technology, learning and a hunger to grow with us
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Why Plenty of Fish?
We have remote options available
Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
Match Group mentorship program
Maternity & parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
Extended health & dental benefits from day one
Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.