Job Description Senior Quality Specialist Richmond, BC
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry's AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally. Summary of role
The Senior Quality Specialist is responsible for identifying and assessing Quality issues (product or process) based on data and other inputs. From this he/she will identify the associated operational risk and failure costs to determine priority and will then implement appropriate actions to drive improvement. This is a senior role which requires frequent interaction and presentation of information to senior operational managers and directors. Primary responsibilities
• Develops and maintains Quality reporting KPI's for departmental and senior management levels. • Conducts in-depth analysis of Quality data to identify failure modes/trends. • Leads and facilitates Quality improvement projects as required. • Supports Quality teams (IQC, QC/QA, RMA) with departmental Quality initiatives. • Champions Quality improvement actions with suppliers of FG products. • Assists in establishing tools for monitoring, assessing and evaluating how development and corporate processes perform. • Applies relevant Quality tools and techniques to facilitate the resolution of quality issues and to determine root causes of quality issues. • Troubleshoots complex technical Quality problems as required. Other responsibilities
• Conducts internal audits as a Lead Auditor in support of the QMS. • Supports the creation of procedures and work instructions as required. • Other duties as necessary. Qualifications Education:
• A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (preferably electronics). • CQE/CQM ASQ certification. • Black belt Six Sigma certification. Experience:
• 10+ years previous experience with Mechanical and/or Electronic product manufacturing. • 10+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Supplier Quality teams. • Experience leading improvement initiatives with Manufacturing and/or Engineering teams. • Continuous improvement experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment is a definite asset, as is involvement with Kaizen and/or 5S projects or initiatives. • Preference will be given to candidates with a strong electronics background and knowledge/experience of data server and video appliance type products. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Strong data analysis skillset, use of SAP, Agile/PLM, Sharepoint would be an advantage. Advanced proficiency with excel is a mandatory requirement. • Process orientated mindset with strong process discipline and problem-solving capability. • Good technical knowledge with ability to communicate technical issues concisely. • Able to work independently with minimal supervision, to meet departmental objectives while fostering co-operative relationships with stakeholders. Other Items (ie. travel):
• May be required to travel occasionally to support various operational initiatives. Working Conditions:
• Office and Factory environments Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.