Senior Quality Assurance Specialist (contract) Vancouver, BC March 1, 2022 Closing Date: April 1, 2022
Are you a dedicated problem-solver with a keen eye to finding bugs? RACE™/Teck is seeking a highly-skilled and hardworking Senior Quality Assurance Specialist for a 12-month contract who will ensure innovative, cloud-based software is delivered accurately and on schedule. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work in a collaborative Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against schedules
- Evaluate product functionality and build test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
- Nurture the quality of features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
- Drive quality initiatives and identify areas that require attention
- Define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, crafting and completing software tests, iterative development process improvement
- Familiarity with Agile SDLC and CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Proven experience in writing and applying high-quality automation to solve test problems
- Practical experience in testing large scale datasets using SQL
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium, Cypress, or others.
- Experience with Web application development or testing
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and standard methodology.
- Software QA automation experience working with at least one programming language such as: Java, C#, Swift, Python
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, Computer Science, Quality, Engineering, Technology