We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Agile experience
- Financial or Loan Origination experience preferred
- Software Implementation experience
What & Why:
The Senior Project / Program Manager is responsible for successfully delivering business outcomes for our client’s programs, comprising of several individual projects of significant size, complexity, longevity and impact, a diverse range of stakeholders, and significant risk. Working within an Agile environment, the role is accountable for the overall integrity and coherence of the program and requires effective co-ordination of the program’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies to realize the projected benefits. The candidate will also provide leadership and coaching support to the team.
The Senior Project / Program Manager is responsible for:
- Seeing the big picture and creating vision to lead teams toward and through transformation in support of the overall delivery of business outcomes
- Motivating and leading a team (which may include multiple project managers), providing development, mentorship, guidance, and performance management to his/her team
- Manage Agile development and demonstrate operational excellence in delivering product releases
- Contributing to the development and directing the implementation of project and program management methodologies, policies, procedures and quality standards, monitoring systems and best practices to track issues and compliance and improve project success rates
- Planning and designing the Program and interrelated components and proactively driving its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the Program's governance structure and work with stakeholders to implement that governance structure
- Empowering senior level decision-making by providing timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on opportunities, progress, changes, and impact on portfolio components
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the Program - focusing inwardly on the internal coordination of the Program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other Programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards with a key focus on customer expectations and business outcomes
- Managing third party contributions to the Program
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Working with the organizational change manager to successfully embed change management concepts into implementation plans and execute the change management plans by leading change and communication activities across all aspects of the project.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps are identified or issues arise that may impact successful Program outcomes
- Reporting program status on a weekly basis to executive leadership and building presentations decks for steering committees adhering to PMO standards
The Program manager should have:
- A bachelor’s degree (a master’s is preferred) in computer science, management or an IT leadership related discipline; specific consulting subject-matter expertise
- At least 2 years in program management and at least 10 years of experience managing portfolio of projects from inception to completion
- Program Management certification (MSP®, PgMP® or equivalent), and project management certification (PMP, PRINCE2) is preferred.
- Experience with large and complex finance/banking IT system programs such as banking host conversions is desirable
- Experience with system infrastructure and performance and managing IT risks desirable.
- Thorough understanding of Agile as well as Waterfall and Hybrid SDLC principles to support the delivery of complex technical solutions
- Knowledge of LEAN methodologies and experience using LEAN tools to add increasing value is desirable
- Working knowledge of change management practices to ensure success
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
- Sound business case development skills
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of program and project management methods
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the program
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems around people, process and technology
- Excellent at reporting to executive leadership and able to articulate key highlights on the program
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.