Factors Group of Nutritional Companies Inc. is a leading manufacturer of nutritional supplements and other health-building products. We are committed to enhance the wellbeing of our customers - through research, development and delivery of effective nutritional products. It is our mission to contribute to the lives of our customers, employees, suppliers and the communities we serve, in a cooperative and sustainable manner.
A great opportunity exists for a Senior Project Manager to join our PMO. We are seeking a professional with significant experience in leading Business Technology projects and programs and has the experience and capability to lead a wide range of initiatives within a manufacturing environment, including site expansions, process improvement initiatives, and software/hardware integration and optimization. You are logical, methodical, and you don’t crack under pressure. Though a senior role, this is a hands-on Project Management position well suited to someone seeking to advance their career, while taking into consideration the company’s commitment to our seven Core Values such as Sustainability (people, the planet, and profit) in the planning and implementation of all actions related to the area of responsibility.
- Reporting to the Director of the PMO, you will not only manage projects and programs to the stated objectives but will also be a key driver of initiatives. The emphasis is on leading projects – pro-actively guiding team members and influencing senior stakeholders to ultimately achieve a successful outcome.
- Well versed in waterfall, lean and agile methodologies you know when to run projects linearly, iteratively, or when a mixed methodology works best. As a Senior Project Manager, you are resourceful and a strong leader of people. You are proactive in your management style and are just as excited about initiation activities as you are about project closure. You take pride in your verbal and written reports.
- You wear the Business Analyst hat well, and know that as a Senior Project Manager, you are ultimately responsible for the success of everything you touch. Your tool belt is stuffed with project artifacts, and tricks of the trade.
- The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in implementing Business Technology projects (both infrastructure and systems), including application development, systems integrations, improvements, upgrades, data transformation, business intelligence and analytics, and enterprise software implementation. You understand change management and the critical role that people play in technology, and you are comfortable working with all levels of the organization – from end users through to Senior Executives.
- Guidance, support, and direction is always available – but you work proactively and independently to manage the execution of several complex projects concurrently, using existing project methodologies and frameworks
- Help grow the PMO by contributing knowledge, project artifacts, processes and passion
- Manage stakeholders and establish steering committees, working groups, and associated resources as required to ensure that objectives are delivered on time
- Identify project risks and ensure appropriate mitigation
- Collaborate and work with the organization to ensure that all deliverables meet the stated objectives
- Actively and positively participate in requirements and initiation activities, not just execution
- Manage proactively, exercise autonomy, and escalate project risks promptly
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated progressive project management experience
- Proven track record of independently managing complex and multi-faceted business projects with a technology component
- Solid knowledge of PMBOK
- Familiarity with Change Management principles
- Knowledge of SDLC and ITIL best practices
- Excellent analysis and interpretation skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate complex matters in simple terms at all levels
- Attention to detail in reports
- Background in technology preferred
- Previous experience with HRIS, CRM and ERP projects highly regarded
- PMP certification, CSM or PMI-ACP an asset
- Problem solver
- Ability to anticipate issues and find solutions
- Great interpersonal skills
This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Only electronic applications can be accepted. This position will close when a competitive candidate pool has been identified. We thank you all for your applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You can check the status of your application by logging in to your account. All the best!
Posted: October 11, 2018
Closes: December 10, 2018