The opportunity WSP
is currently seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager
to join our Municipal Engineering
team in Kelowna, British Columbia
. Reporting to the Manager, Land Development and Municipal Engineering in Kelowna, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading municipal water, wastewater, drainage and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction services. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval and regulatory agencies.We encourage applications from anyone within Canada. Relocation to beautiful Kelowna, BC will be provided.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSPAbout you:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
A day in the life:
- You are a passionate Municipal or Land Development engineer and are looking to join a dynamic team of dedicated professionals
- You demonstrate expertise in project delivery
- You have proven success in client relationship management
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead a project team of professionals with excellent communication skills both internally with staff and externally with clients
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Manage and deliver infrastructure design solutions to customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
- Conduct Preliminary and Detailed Design of civil works for municipal transportation, water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems;
- Build, lead, and manage multidisciplinary project teams focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, construction, and financial management deliverables;
- Take a leadership role in the expansion of business opportunities and execution of major municipal infrastructure projects;
- Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Professional Engineer designation with 10+ years of planning and design of municipal projects;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
- Experience and formal training in Project Management an asset;
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia municipal clients;
- Demonstrated success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to mentor junior staff.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.