is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable KELOWNA
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager
to join our Municipal Engineering
team in Kelowna, British Columbia
. Reporting to the Manager, Land Development and Municipal Engineering in Kelowna, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading municipal water, wastewater, drainage and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction services. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval and regulatory agencies. We encourage applications from anyone within Canada. Relocation to beautiful Kelowna, BC will be provided. About you:
• You are a passionate Municipal or Land Development engineer and are looking to join a dynamic team of dedicated professionals
• You demonstrate expertise in project delivery
• You have proven success in client relationship management
• You have a demonstrated ability to lead a project team of professionals with excellent communication skills both internally with staff and externally with clients What you can expect:
• Manage and deliver infrastructure design solutions to customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
• Conduct Preliminary and Detailed Design of civil works for municipal transportation, water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems;
• Build, lead, and manage multidisciplinary project teams focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, construction, and financial management deliverables;
• Take a leadership role in the expansion of business opportunities and execution of major municipal infrastructure projects;
• Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff; and
• Other duties as assigned. What you bring to the role:
• An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
• Professional Engineer designation with 15+ years of planning and design of municipal projects;
• Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
• Experience and formal training in Project Management an asset;
• Strong knowledge of British Columbia municipal clients;
• Demonstrated success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
• Ability to work independently; and
• Ability to mentor junior staff.
#bridges #highways #roads
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Engineering Management and Executive