IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Senior Project Manager – Health & Safety to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Ongoing review, updating, and adherence to the project plan to meet project milestones.
- Management of the ongoing relationship with the software vendor with the goal of meeting project milestones.
- Collaborating with a wide, and diverse group of stakeholders working towards a common H& S solution.
- Directing the activities of internal and external (contracted) resources including Business Analysts, System Analysts, Data Analysts, and Quality Assurance Analysts as required by the project.
- Working withing the project governance structure (including Project Steering Committee) to drive consensus on project issues and achieve desired outcomes.
- Preparing and communicating detailed monthly and ad-hoc reports to stakeholders and the Project Steering Committee (PSC).
- Utilizing the project governance structure (Project Steering Committee, identified stakeholders) to establish and maintain clear project boundaries and agreement on project scope.
- Identifying and monitoring risks and proposing mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Managing the project budget including sub-contractor and vendor performance.
Top Skills Required
- 8+ years of project management, proven experience of project management in large business transformation and organizational change management initiatives.
- Extensive and proven experience managing stakeholders and an ability “to bring people together”. Must have excellent “people skills”, excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing. Must be assertive and a leader. Must display a sense of “urgency to get the job done”.
- Training and experience in best practice project management techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office tools including Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Vendor management (SaS) skills and managing contract resources.
- Experience leading an interdisciplinary team of technical and business resources effectively.
- Organization Change Management (OCM) knowledge from working on large projects with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience managing large budgets, including status reporting, forecasting.
- Ability to communicate well with senior management (i.e. working with senior management audiences, making formal presentations, and presenting recommendations).
- Experience rolling out Business process initiatives designed to improve efficiencies.
- Experience overseeing a QA testing program
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.