VICTORIA, KAMLOOPS, KELOWNA, VANCOUVER, CASTLEGAR, FORT ST. JOHN
We are looking for candidates with strong Field Archaeology experience!
WSP has an opportunity for a full-time Archaeology Project Manager to join our BC Heritage Team. Our hybrid working model allows for employment in locations near any of the WSP locations across the province. The successful candidate will gain valuable and diverse project management experience as part of our regional team. You will also have the chance to work on multidisciplinary projects that provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As a Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Working with clients and project teams to scope and plan projects, under the direction of the Project Director.
- Working with Indigenous communities and businesses to facilitate their involvement in projects.
- Executing projects to satisfy clients expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring project performance with respect to schedule, budget and other KPIs.
- Managing receivables, variance, and project multipliers.
- Developing and implementing project execution plans (health and safety, quality, risk management, communication, documentation, etc.)
- Communicating regularly and frequently with clients and project teams
- Providing leadership and guidance to junior project staff
- Participating in WSP Golder's Health & Safety program and demonstrating a "Safety First" focus
Your benefits at WSP will include:
- At least 5 years of directly relevant archaeology and project management experience, ideally within a large and diverse organization
- A degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related social science
- Professional Project Management Designation (e.g., Project Management Institute) is an asset
- Superior project planning skills and an ability to lead diverse teams
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Adobe Acrobat Software
- Proficiency with Oracle CRM software is an asset
- Detail and results oriented
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Career development programs tailored to help you reach your goals
- Employer matched pension plan and optional share purchase plans
- Paid vacation days
- Paid wellness days
- Ability to purchase additional vacation days
- Extended medical, dental and group plan benefits that can be customized to your needs
- Hybrid work arrangement with the ability to work from home and from the office
Expected Salary (all locations): $84 200 - $143 100
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.