Job Description Summary
Are you looking to put your organizational skills to work to support exciting and innovative projects from start to finish in the largest biotech company in Canada? As a Senior Project Coordinator, you will be an essential asset in ensuring projects run efficiently, on time, and on budget.
If you are a highly organized and detail-oriented individual looking to immerse yourself in the world of project management, or hone some of those skills in a dynamic, collaborative environment, this is a great opportunity. You will have the chance to work and learn alongside experienced Senior Project Managers, and support diverse key projects from conception to completion through the entire project lifecycle.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Provide project management support to ensure the delivery of the goals, milestones and related operational activities
- Collaborate closely with the Project Team to define the project scope and resource requirements
- Coordinate engagement with subject matter experts from across the organization to ensure relevant project and design information is captured in project documentation and taken into account during the project lifecycle
- Work with team members to identify and analyze project risks, develop risk mitigation strategies, and produce and control project timelines
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree with 2-6 years of relevant experience or master's with less than 4 years of experience or PHD with little to no work experience
- Experience in writing, editing and formatting project documentation including meeting agendas, meeting minutes, status reports and progress presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team with outstanding organizational skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with project team members
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.