Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Senior Project Analyst is assigned to projects and/or programs that are managed through the Program Management Office (PMO). The role supports Project and Program Managers and works with teams, vendors and stakeholders to plan, budget, analyze, monitor and support the successful execution of an initiative. This role also gathers critical data, track and forecast budgets and schedules, report on project KPIs and maintain documentation in compliance with PMO process. Key Accountabilities:
• Supports Project and Program Managers and works with teams, vendors and stakeholders to plan, budget, analyze, monitor and support the successful execution of an initiative.
• Creates project documentation such as charters, project management plans, project change requests, schedules, risk management plans, status reports, dashboards, budgets and project audit documents.
• Aids or facilitates project planning sessions, the resolution of issues and resource conflicts, change management activities, risk assessments and scope definition workshops.
• Prepares and maintains accurate reporting information such as KPIs, timelines, issues, risks and financial status on projects and programs for various stakeholder groups.
• Supports forecasting for schedule, cost and resource, and product team allocations.
• Verifies and analyzes project data and produces insights to optimize performance.
• Responsible for the development and continued enhancement of BCLC's Program Management Office (PMO) Run Book and associated tools, templates and processes.
• Creates and executes Statements Of Work and Contract Change Requests for projects.
• Manages the purchasing process for project by creating purchase requisitions, monitoring purchase orders and processing invoices for payment. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma in business administration or equivalent, supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
• Project Management certification is an asset;
• 3-5 years related experience in a project oriented role or project management in a technical environment
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. Skills and Technical Requirements
• Project management skills with in-depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools;
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail; ability to meet tight timelines and commitments;
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences (Executive audiences, project team members, technical teams);
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
• Excellent negotiation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers;
• Committed to continuous improvement and is driven to question and improve processes, systems, and practices as appropriate;
• Strong application experience and skill with Microsoft Project, Excel and Word;
• Experience with SAP, SharePoint, Jira and Confluence would be an asset. Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada