Software Developer, Digital Development
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. The Business Technology (BT) team provides the technology to deliver great Lottery, Casino and Sports experiences for our players across bricks & mortar and digital channels.
Join us on our journey to becoming a player-centric organization that leverages innovative technology to power our business. You'll get to work with smart, talented people who value inclusion, flexibility, and work life balance but who also take our work to generate annual revenue for our province seriously. Working in BT means you'll have a large, positive impact while working with systems at scale.
But this isn't just about us, it's about you too! We pride ourselves on providing opportunities for learning, growing, and development, with a total compensation package that provides great work life perks and a pension that is second to none. It's a win-win!
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
This is a hybrid remote/office opportunity. Job Summary:
The Digital Development team develops and operates many of our customer facing web properties and the AEM content management system they run on. The role is also responsible for production support of the software solutions. This includes managing the lifecycle of assigned incidents and problem resolution. As required, this role is subject to the requirement for after-hours support. Key Accountabilities:
• Developing public-facing websites that perform well on all devices using modern languages and frameworks.
• Regularly interprets and applies standards, policies and procedures and provides significant input into the development of department practices/procedures while preparing documentation for new and established systems.
• Works with vendors, and the business, as well as internal QA department on orchestrating testing and user acceptance.
• Collaborates with business, vendor partners and other IT personnel to integrate new ideas into web and mobile solutions.
• Provides effective code reviews and coaching for other team members, and may be required to take on a lead role delivering projects and enhancements.
• Collaborates with peers to resolve technical issues and makes regular suggestions for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
• Develops and maintains materials needed for operational run-state of a given solution, including creation and maintenance of knowledgebase(s) as required. Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
• 3-5 years progressively responsible development experience
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered. Technical Requirements
• Awareness of emerging Web technologies and the ability to apply these appropriately to fulfill business requirements;
• Sound knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in Programming languages such as: Java, SQL, web services;
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complex technical issues and demonstrate innovative thinking by recommending new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
• Strong computer skills - Microsoft Windows, MS office suite;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
• SQL query design and development would be an asset;
• Working knowledge of Linux would be an asset.
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset. Working Conditions:
• Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed. Additional Information:
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.