Senior Program Manager
Reference ID: 461783
Name of employer: Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, Inc.
Job Location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. Amazon's transportation systems deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide, faster and cheaper, while providing world class customer experience - from checkout on the website, to shipment planning, fulfillment and delivery. Our software systems include services that use terabytes of signals every second to make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience of over 100 million online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
For our transportation optimization systems, we are looking for individuals who will lead innovation in simplifying and automating the specification of the transportation network used by Amazon to deliver packages worldwide. The individual will design and deliver brand new, best in class, technology and tools will support Amazon's business operations in making real time decisions to operate one of the largest transportation network worldwide (which routes to operate given constraints, how many resources to allocate on each route, which schedules, etc.), with the goal to improve delivery speed and reduce global costs. As a PM, you will work closely with regional fulfillment operations teams in North America, EU, Japan, China, India and Brazil to develop a deep understanding of our business and regional partners, work closely with business operations and software engineering teams to define the roadmap, architecture and success metrics for new system capabilities, own project management for deliverables that span multiple services and multiple teams, and ensure effective overall execution.
Successful candidates have the ability to identify key performance indicators for business operations and technology, to recognize opportunities to innovate both on the business and technology front, and to anticipate risks, make trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit while mitigating disruption to critical software services. In addition, strong candidates will be able to understand and influence the architecture of large scale distributed services and databases, to drive technical solutions across multiple systems, and have excellent communication skills, a passion for building simple, elegant solutions and architecturally sound systems, and a drive for results.
Salary Range: $92,000 to $137,300/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• 5+ years of Program Management experience in a related industry
• 1+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• First-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability service
• Proven track record of building innovative software solutions
• Experience building elegant, efficient and actionable user interfaces
• Experience in building platform level development kits integration with a large number of technology partners
• The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader and builder with strong business acumen and analytical skills. He/she should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives. He/she needs to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. He/she needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019