We're looking for a Senior Product Strategy Manager to join our Product Strategy team. You have two ultimate goals: 1) to identify customer outcomes or problems and translate these into product/solution opportunities to generate $50MM+ in revenue and 2) to improve product management decision-making by creating, applying, and evangelizing frameworks to deepen our customer & market understanding. You will assess new market opportunities and update Hootsuite's full potential analysis strategy (our product strategy). You achieve results through a deep understanding of the customer's world, synthesized with market insights and the practicalities of business requirements. You have a demonstrated ability to balance priorities between long-term strategy with near term imperatives and you consistently communicate these with a varied landscape of stakeholders. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to our Director, Product Strategy & Ecosystem. Please note that the role may include 10% of travel to client sites and events; other Hootsuite offices, etc. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Identify and validate new market opportunities through customer feedback, competitive analysis, and market analysis / trends with the goal of identifying new product categories/solutions that can generate $50MM+ in revenue.
- Create, apply, and evangelize strategic frameworks to bring the customer and market lens to product management decision-making (e.g. Customer Outcomes).
- Play a lead role in the product management strategy portion of the full potential analysis refresh on a half year cycle.
- Define, grow, and operationalize the Product Strategy function.
- Prepare executive presentations to recommend new products including market analysis, competitive landscape, high level solutioning, and business impact modeling.
- Develop the build, buy, and partner strategy alongside Corporate and Business Development colleagues.
- Play a lead role in any M&A activities to support decision-making and post-acquisition integration.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8+ years in product management, management consulting, or other relevant fields
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Commerce, Computer Science, Data Science.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and complex problems and to synthesize key insights simply for stakeholders to understand and act upon
- Demonstrated experience with conducting customer and market research through robust analytical and statistical analysis to understand developing trends
- Proven experience with financial modeling to validate new market opportunities, use cases, or business segments
- Track record of collaborating with a varied landscape of stakeholders to build trust-based relationships and influence complex decision-making
- Ability to synthesize and present data in compelling and insightful presentations that influence product and business decisions
- Proven and progressive experience helping teams think through problems with data and structured problem solving
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent BI tools to create fast, informative insights into data
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience demonstrating attention to detail and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Strategic Thinking: identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Customer Service and Support