DESCRIPTION Technology is giving the beauty industry a makeover. Are you looking for an opportunity to build innovative experiences using the latest computer vision, machine learning, and big data technologies? Do you want to be a part of a fast growing team to build new experiences from the ground up? Amazon Beauty is reinventing the shopping experience for all beauty customers across the largest selection of brands to become the most trusted beauty destination. Beauty is unique in retail with a diverse customer set along with products that are emotional, fun, and creative. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor to build something entirely new and transform an industry.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager-Tech who can operate at the intersection of technology and strategy. This role requires business, technical and operational expertise. You will be responsible for all phases of product development from concept to release. We are looking for a proactive leader with excellent communication skills that can navigate complex projects that bring together multiple technologies. This role is best suited to a person who is energized by finding creative solutions to hard problems.
• Define the vision, business and technology strategy for a product/feature including North Star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
• Develop roadmap and tactical execution plans for solving customer problems.
• Lead execution of projects including building project plans.
• Unblock teams and provide clear frameworks for making day-to-day decisions.
• Ensure flow of communication in all directions including to management and key stakeholders.
• Drive broad adoption and provide an unparalleled customer experience.
• Understand growth levers and ensure execution is measured against those levers.
• Drive commitments from internal teams including Marketing, Engineering, and Category Management.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
• 5+ years in product/software engineering or consulting.
• Experience designing or building and shipping successful software products at scale.
• Technical fluency sufficient to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence both senior leadership and peers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
• MBA or Master's degree in a related field.
• Experience in an industry where fun matters (e.g. beauty, fashion, entertainment, media, or games)
• Proven ability to make smart CX versus time-to-market trade-offs.
• Passion for customer experience, and proven ability to identify and implement UX best practices.
• Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with financial and operational analysis
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation