AWS Marketplace is changing the way AWS customers discover, deploy, and pay for software. Any AWS customer can easily find software on the AWS Marketplace website, deploy it immediately, and be metered for usage that appears directly on their AWS bill. Buyers can quickly buy the software they need and sellers have access to millions of customers of AWS.
The AWS Marketplace team is looking for a technical product manager to own the product vision from a seller perspective. We want to leverage the learnings from Amazon.com while innovating for cloud-based environments. This is a great opportunity for a product manager to drive a backlog of features for how both how buyers experience a product type and how our sellers define their offerings. This role will deliver business impact through a variety of metrics, including product selection, adoption, and revenue.
Our goal is to make AWS Marketplace the easiest place for our buyers and sellers to transact. Each of our product types brings together the needs of buyers and sellers to meet their business objectives. This is a high visibility role requiring you to work closely with both buyers and sellers. You will be their voice in front of AWS senior leadership teams.
You will own the definition, execution, and delivery of seller experience and deployment process for AWS Marketplace. Your responsibilities will include engaging with our buyers and sellers to identify requirements, defining product features, and working closely with development teams to get those features in the hands of our customers. Successful applicants will have experience defining products, leading cross-functional teams, and communicating to a large number of stakeholders. You will also need to learn about capabilities from internal teams and be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the company, both in writing and in meetings.
On this team, you'll get to wear many hats, work fast and smart, and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to take ownership of a growing business opportunity and join a tightly-knit team tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
• 4+ years of product management, program management, and/or finance experience in a technology focused businessPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Prior experience managing technical products or online services
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, and user interface design
• Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
• History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Completion of a full product lifecycle
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills