The AWS Messaging team is recruiting a Senior Product Manager - Technical for our services - Amazon MQ, Amazon SQS, and Amazon SNS. This is a highly visible role with the ability to meaningfully influence how people will use cloud computing for years to come.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. Amazon's growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Our leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and your experience leading complex technology products will help you make strong business judgments.
Our Product Managers - Technical are responsible for end-to-end product ownership over one or more of our technical products. You are expected to dive deep into the technology from both a product and customer perspective. Customers may include developers, IT departments, or enterprise CIOs from the world's best companies. To succeed, you have technical acumen, and a passion for both technology and business.
From day 1, you will be responsible for a large product and have the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions to drive innovative solutions. Over their careers, successful PM-Ts will be exposed to multiple businesses/products, and will grow into senior executives who independently run large business segments and organizations.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
• Build a roadmap and define features that delight our customers, drive adoption, and increase utilization of our services.
• Determine new pricing models that will be required to meet the market demand.
• Perform outbound marketing and product launch activities.
• Own the strategy to drive growth in existing and new markets.
• Report to senior leadership on the state of the business.
Key Strategic Objectives:
• Provide messaging and event-driven computing services in the cloud that are reliable, easy to use, secure, and inexpensive. You will connect deeply with the developers of enterprise systems and ensure that our offerings are easy to adopt and meet customers' needs as they evolve.
• Drive broad adoption and provide unparalleled customer experience. Develop a strategic and tactical plan that drives additional awareness, trial, adoption, and repeat usage of our services. The mechanisms you should evaluate and be comfortable with include feature development, pricing changes, various marketing channels (e.g., public relations, developer evangelism, promotions), customer surveys and profiling, partner management, sample applications, and technical documentation.
• Lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business. You will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as you are about all other aspects of the customer experience. With the business growing rapidly, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing on existing versus new customers and among features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Name of employer: Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, ULC.
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6M 0M3BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
• 5+ years of Product Management experience in a technical environment
• Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• High attention to detail and the ability to lead multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and confirmed ability to influence othersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or other advanced degree
• 8+ years of Product Management experience in a technical environment
• Experience delivering software products and features using Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies in a DevOps environment
• Experience with large scale SaaS platforms including systems involving complex business logic
• Experience with enterprise software and customers
Management and Executive