Amazon CloudWatch is the native AWS monitoring and observability service for cloud resources and applications. We are seeking a talented product manager to drive the vision for a fast growth CloudWatch Logs business that delivers critical services to AWS customers operating at scale. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership.
This is a unique opportunity to come work on a product that has a well established and fast-growing customer base, high business impact, an emphasis on innovation to drive towards the next phase of growth, and the ability to work with and learn from a passionate team of seasoned cloud professionals.
Key job responsibilities
As a Senior Product Manager (Technical), you will own the end-to-end product lifecycle from defining product vision to specific feature definition, prioritization, positioning, naming, pricing, go-to-market support and feature adoption.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- Understand and champion the needs of diverse AWS customers. This involves interacting with highly technical customers on product feature calls, customer briefings, customer advisory boards, and other structured feedback mechanisms.
- Develop product vision and strategy; translate it into clear deliverables for engineering teams.
- Own the strategy behind feature development, pricing, naming, and the P&L of the business
- Launch new products and implement go to market plans that will drive awareness, engagement and strong customer adoption
- Be an industry thought leader representing AWS at conferences such as re:Invent
A day in the life
Working closely with and across agile teams, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership. Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud monitoring represents and is deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality services. You're naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills.
About the team
Amazon CloudWatch Logs is a core monitoring service used by AWS customers. Our mission is to be the most cost effective, integrated, fast, and secure logs management and analytics platform for AWS customers.
We are a diverse group of product and engineering professionals that are passionate about delivering logging features that delight customers operating at any scale.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded product manager and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of product management or related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical major (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Maths) OR related work experience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in fast-paced environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound business judgment, ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills.
- MBA or equivalent master's degree from a top program.
- Have experience with cloud monitoring and observability platforms
- Hands-on experience/good working knowledge of AWS Services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive