We're looking for an accomplished product manager who is passionate about open-source to join the Amazon RDS Product Management Team. RDS powers some of the most important Internet companies on Earth.
We provide a simple-to-use and reliable relational database provisioning and management service on top of PostgreSQL, MariaDB and MySQL, in addition to our own highly scalable database product, Amazon Aurora.
Joining our team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work with globally distributed, diverse and innovative customers with industry-moving ideas
• Solve challenging problems to further revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Engage and contribute with the open-source database community
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Have direct impact on hundreds of thousands of users of AWS database services
In this position, you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, setting the go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly championing the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the service we are building, this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in the database area is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Creating a product strategy that appeals to the unique needs and requirements of database customers
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Launching the vision, product strategy and roadmap for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
• Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product
• Defining go-to-market plan and driving enablement, working to insure that sales, Solution Architects, Professional Services, and other internal partner teams have what they need to be successful
• Driving sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years in product management, technical product marketing is required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in a related field is requiredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
• Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
• Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
• Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
• Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while building creative solutions.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive