With Amazon Location Service, we are democratizing access to location and enabling customers to easily add capabilities such as maps, points of interest, geocoding, geofences, routing, and tracking to their applications. Customers use our service to create striking map-based visualization, personalize customer engagement based on location, track their assets, and enhance their ride sharing or delivery operations.
We are a new service and we are looking for a senior product to join the team and help set the vision.
The product will:
- Perform market segmentation and ensure that our product is targeted at the most attractive market segments.
- Build a roadmap and define features that delight our customers, drive adoption, and increase utilization of our services.
- positioning and messaging; perform outbound marketing and launch activities in collaboration with product marketing.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure that our new product leverages the best of AWS.
- Help manage the technical and commercial aspects of partnerships with third parties.
- Own the strategy to drive growth in existing and new market segments.
- Report to senior leadership on the state of the business.
This PM role is on the more technical end of the spectrum. Our customers are developers and our product lives in the of their complex architectures. A successful PM will need to be able to credibly communicate value to this audience.
Our team also puts a value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting the growth of our employees through mentorship and knowledge sharing. Each of our team members has a mentor to guide them on questions relevant to their work and career. You'll be surrounded with experienced and senior colleagues in the team who will help you onboard to your new role, and to Amazon.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience preferably with internet business experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience translating customer needs into features and product offerings to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
- Proven ability to launch products that result in customer success in new market segmentsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Background in geospatial technologies and location-based services
- Experience managing cloud-based products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/ontario
Management and Executive