** This role is open to remote based candidates in Canada or the US, with a preference for PST based individuals **
Traction Rec empowers customers with great technology. Built on the Salesforce platform, we enable YMCA's, Jewish Community Centres (JCC's) and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to deliver their services and achieve their missions. At the heart of Traction Rec is our desire to support non-profit community centres and the amazing good they do.
Traction Rec is an independent product company launched by Traction on Demand, one of North America's largest dedicated Salesforce consulting partners. Traction Rec was recently recognized by Salesforce as Nonprofit Sales Partner of the Year, ISV Partner of the Year, and featured in the 2021 Ready to Rocket List. Traction Rec takes pride in the development of product and services, and building strong relationships with partners and customers.
Our development team lives on the frontier of Salesforce development, developing new techniques, patterns, practices and tools to accelerate our impact. If you love solving hard problems with difficult constraints, take quality seriously, and follow best practices in enterprise software development - then we want to talk to you.Who we are:
At our core, we love community. We are looking for people who want to join an active group of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. We welcome you to experience a vibrant personal and professional journey by joining our diverse team.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence, and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. Come join us on this journey! Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work, and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
Embrace Knowledge • Do the right thing • Seek adventures and smiles • Healthy hearts and heads • Pursue opportunity • Build community Intelligence
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years+ professional experience in object oriented programming on a product
- Experience as a technical leader on a development team
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a highly collaborative development team
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Highly motivated with the ability to work and make decisions independently
Salesforce ISV experience not required - if you have strong fundamental product developer experience in other industries, and would be eager to lean into something new, we'll be happy to teach you the platform specifics.
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Leading from the front by defining new and improved processes
- Oversee proposed solutions to problems and ensure the implemented software will meet business objectives well into the future
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues as part of tier 3 support
- Design and develop features for our web and mobile applications
- Participate in monthly "dev days" where we all pair up and build whatever we want
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
For Traction Rec, we aim to change the world by creating impact technology to serve organizations whose mission is one of our core values, to Create Community. At our core, we're about improving the way organizations do business by leveraging technology.
Software and Programming