Job Description Summary
Do you enjoy solving complex problems, building relationships with collaborators, and continuously learning in a fast-paced and innovative environment? As a member of the Process Development, Media team you will work alongside experienced Engineers, Associates, and Scientists who collaborate closely on delivering robust, cost efficient, and innovative processes for STEMCELL's largest product portfolio. As a Senior Process Engineer, you'll lead a small team in the engineering design, qualification, and process validation effort to develop, scale up, and continuously improve both new and existing media products. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute towards STEMCELL's mission of Scientists Helping Scientists and supporting cutting edge research in the life sciences field.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement scalable, validatable, robust, and reliable manufacturing processes and process control strategies
- Oversee and support process equipment design and documentation, evaluation, selection, and approval of third-party equipment as required by applicable GMP manufacturing regulations
- Draft and review technical documentation, including engineering reports and standard operating procedures, in collaboration with Manufacturing and Quality teams
- Work collaboratively with quality, regulatory, analytical, manufacturing, supply chain, and project management teams and stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
- Lead a team of Process Development Associates and Engineers by providing mentorship and monitoring project progress
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 6 years of experience in a related role
- Broad knowledge of process design, development, and implementation in a regulated industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices)
- Experience leading a team of at least two direct reports
- Experience developing and executing commissioning, qualification, and validation protocols for pharmaceutical or biotech equipment and processes
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive