Do you want to be part of a team that is on the leading edge of innovation in endpoint visibility and control? Absolute is seeking an experienced technical leader with a passion for data, architecture and design. As a senior member of the platform team you will have the opportunity to drive the technical direction of Absolute's next generation big data platform and champion the use of architecture standards and best practices.Responsibilities:
What You Will Need:
- Manage the definition of data architecture to ensure that software solutions are built within a consistent framework
- Contribute to the evolution of the data and technology architecture, combining technology selection and operational expertise
- Partner with teams in building a highly scalable, reliable, resilient and available big data platform
- Hands-on development creating proof of concepts for technological innovations and leading their adoption
- Participate in technical reviews
- Evangelize use of data architecture standards and best practices; mentor and coach
Why Work For Us:
- BSc degree in Computer Science is minimum, M.S. in Computer Science is preferred
- 7+ years of Java EE development, working with Hibernate, Spring or similar JPA frameworks
- 10+ years of experience with a variety of persistence technologies (Relational and NoSQL) optimized for big data processing, querying and analysis. Those would include document data stores (MongoDB), time series (InfluxDB), and full text search engines (Elastic).
- Experience building high-throughput, low-latency multi-threaded systems with parallel pipeline processing.
- Experience taking a lead role in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Communication is crucial - so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology