At AWS, we are looking for a Senior Practice Manager for our Western Canada territory. You will lead a team focused on building relationships and successfully helping our enterprise customers through a variety of transformative projects and solutions. Our projects often involve IT strategy, distributed architecture, hybrid cloud operations, as well as advisory services.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about driving value and success for our Customers. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
1. Engage customers - in collaboration with our enterprise sales managers you will develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business in a geographic territory, driving AWS adoption in key markets and accounts.
2. Sell consulting engagements, proving the value of AWS services to support new distributed computing models.
3. Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
4. Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial sector.
5. Lead great people - attract high performing professional services business development leaders, as well as consulting IT architecture talent. You will build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
6. Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessedBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; computer science or math background preferred
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 20 or more years of progressive technology implementation experience
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed, approximately 30% travel
• 5+ years of consulting practice leadership as manager of managers with a team size of 30 or more and P&L responsibilityPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Outstanding customer relationship management, sales, delivery experience and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
• Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
• Familiarity with archive, disaster recovery and business continuity in global operations
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• Sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and we are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Sales and Marketing