Are you ready to hop aboard the 2019 workout bandwagon? Start by flexing your coding muscles by joining the Cheeky Monkey Media tech team!
Cheeky Monkey Media is looking for a Senior PHP Developer with a strong understanding of open source web technology LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack to join our team in Kelowna. Drupal and WordPress are two open source frameworks which Cheeky Monkey Media uses to build web-based solutions for our clients.
The PHP Developer is required to be an experienced web developer. Knowledge of Wordpress is required, and Drupal experience would be a huge asset.
So, now that we have your attention, what are some perks to working with a bunch of people who call themselves monkeys?Extended Learning
: Our team is all about attending events that help broaden our developer horizons.Diversity
: Our team is not your average team. While we are professional and take our jobs and clients seriously, we like to have fun during our workday. Our in-house team is made up of an interesting mix of people who will help you learn and make you laugh all at the same time.Team Meetings
: The person that works with us locally will get to partake in some pretty kick-butt team meetings. There may or may not be beverages consumed.Backup
: Unlike other companies, we will never let you fall on your monkey-butt. We work as a team and never leave a developer behind.Competitive Pay
: Our pay scale is competitive. We value your talent and for that, you shall be rewarded. Every new hire is subject to a 3 month probation period where we try each other on. A well-tailored fit benefits us all.
Senior PHP Developer Daily Duties
Education and Experience required
- Developing custom Drupal modules using PHP
- Commit work to GIT repositories
- Performing peer code review of other team members code
- Write test scripts
- Investigating performance improvements and bottlenecks in code
- Deploy work to different development environments
- Document technical requirements based on client needs
- Provide patches to contributed Drupal modules
- Give direction to members as a projects Tech Lead
- Participate in a demonstration of completed work to the client
How to Apply
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years PHP programming experience
- Substantial experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Advanced proficiency in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database, design, and PHP web development
For those who are ready to be part of an awesome team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org