Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At Elastic Path we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to Be Remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment.Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away.What to expect as a Senior Performance Engineer at Elastic Path?
At Elastic Path, Performance Engineers work in a very dynamic environment where energy and ideas are always valued. You will NOT be another brick in the wall.
- You will engage with and lead partners and customers to help them effectively incorporate Elastic Path Commerce performance planning and testing methodologies into their project plans
- You will bring a performance perspective to solution architecture and design, to help partners and customers understand how design and implementation choices can impact Elastic Path Commerce performance
- As an expert troubleshooter you will lead investigations to identify and analyze customizations, architectural decisions or integrated systems preventing the client's ECommerce solution from achieving performance targets
- You will leverage your experience with partners and customers to identify opportunities to improve and optimize performance in the product. You will work closely with product engineers to influence and prioritize performance-related requirements.
- You will be exposed to the many and varied technologies and solution that our products, partners and customers use and adopt, so you will be constantly learning.
Once you join our team, you will be accountable for helping partners and customers create and follow good performance planning, design and testing practices: Describe the performance goals and requirements for their Elastic Path Commerce implementationsInfluence the design of the system and customizations to meet the overall performance, reliability, and scalability goalsWork with the team to design and implement performance test plans and test cases to measure the teams' proximity to the goalsAnalyze test results and make tactical and strategic recommendations to improve performance and scalability via architecture, infrastructure, and software designs
What characteristics will you have?
- You are an effective team player but can also work independently with a "can-do" attitude.
- You are an excellent problem solver, technical analyst, troubleshooter and debugger
- You stay cool under pressure, and help the team identify and focus on priorities
- You are comfortable working with business leaders as well as technical teams
- You have great communication skills and can adapt your messaging appropriately to different stakeholders
- You are smart, very talented and like working with smart and talented people.
- You know that performance testing is critical to any successful software project. You enjoy finding ways to stress test a system to its knees and see it fall over... then learning why.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 3+ years working as a highly technical performance engineer
- Troubleshooting and working with enterprise customers on severity-1 production performance issues and outages
- Leading discussions with business and technical leaders to identify and agree on performance goals
- Crafting and implementing performance test plans.
- Developing and running load testing and endurance testing scripts and tools such as jMeter
- Investigating and identifying performance issues and bottlenecks, and recommending solutions
Bonus Points for ...
- A computer science degree or equivalent education or experience
- 2+ years of developing, testing or troubleshooting Java applications
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Java thread analysis, JVM heap and garbage collection anaylysis
- Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics
- SQL query profiling and analysis
- Java Application Servers such as Apache Tomcat
- Caching solutions such as Ehcache, Redis
- Messaging and middleware tools such as Apache MQ, Amazon SQS
- Relational database system such as MySQL, Oracle, Amazon RDS and Aurora
- Experience with performance tuning of enterprise-class global eCommerce sites
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- DBA experience
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- Health, dental & vision coverage
- Professional Development allowance and days off
- Generous vacation policy including company paid time off (such as paid holidays, volunteer days, moving day and more!)
- RRSP matching
- Excellent location with easy access to transit and endless food options
- Fitness, shower and bike storage facilities in the building
- Free onsite parking
- Kitchen stocked with the latest appliances, snacks, and drinks
An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.Apply Now!
Customer Service and Support