Job Description Summary
Are you passionate about Occupational Learning and looking to further your career in a high growth, global organization? In this role you will be responsible for leading complex learning projects, typically involving many departments and key corporate initiatives. Collaborating with cross-functional teams you will conduct extensive analysis, propose innovative learning solutions aligned with critical business needs, and develop capability in others through mentorship. You must be able to communicate complex, complicated and sensitive information in ways that meet the needs of a variety of audiences from novice to expert. You will also influence and gain agreement on the adoption of new learning-related tools, processes and standards.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Conducts and project manages extensive analysis across multiple departments to develop innovative learning-related conceptual models and solutions aligned with specific business needs as defined through partnership and collaboration with business partners
- Partners, collaborates and negotiates with stakeholders to develop multi-format approaches to communicate complex, complicated, sensitive, and possibly contentious, information from experts to novice audiences across the Enterprise
- Leads, provides training and mentorship, reviews the learning-related activities and work of other employees that supports complex, multi-departmental key corporate and departmental initiatives
- Identifies opportunities, collaborates and gains agreement on modifications to learning-related tools, templates, processes and standards that will support high-quality learning across STEMCELL and implements changes as appropriate
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or Adult Education with a minimum of 8 years of systems and occupational training and content development experience, including instructional design, material development, as well as evaluation, delivery, and facilitation methods for individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training to adult learners
- Expertise in cloud-based learning management systems (LMS) and technology such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Confluence and Docebo
- Knowledge of change management methodology and proven ability to translate it into practical business solutions. Proven project management experience. with an ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.