If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Networks, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, analysis, implementation and ongoing support of various core network technology systems and devices throughout Northern Health. Responsibilities may include local and wide area networks (wireless or wired), perimeter security (firewall, IPS/IDS), remote access, etc. This position will also be in charge of resolving second line technical issues and challenges that arise from within ITS and the user community.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days - 08:00 to 16:00Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
• Three (3) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to write programs in a variety of programming languages.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology