December 16, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, Mineral Process Engineering, the Senior Metallurgist will oversee metallurgical aspects and geometallurgical interpretation of new mine project developments, expansions or modifications to existing operations, feasibility studies and opportunity evaluations. Responsibilities also include supporting process optimization and engineering activities for operations and projects. There will be varying amounts of domestic and international travel to project sites required. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement, demonstrate and maintain Teck's commitment to health, safety, environmental and community (HSEC) protection as a core value.
- Provide metallurgical oversight for new projects.
- Conduct metallurgical analysis and technical interpretation of data.
- Work closely with geological staff in selection of samples for test work on new projects to ensure proper representation of rock types and to assess mineralogical variability.
- Plan and manage metallurgical test work programs to continuously advance geometallurgical understanding.
- Interpret metallurgical results with context from geological models to generate integrated geometallurgical performance models.
- Develop process design criteria for new project flow sheets.
- Interact with other technical groups (geology, mining, marketing, etc.) to advance project development goals.
- Work closely with EPCM firms as an Owner's metallurgical process representative.
- Provide technical support during project construction and implementation phases.
- Develop commissioning plans and assist with the start-up of new process facilities.
- Develop capital and operating cost estimates.
- Manage external technical consultants, including development of work scopes, tracking progress and deliverables, and ensuring objectives are met.
- Participate in strategic technical reviews as required for the Company's interests.
- Implement value improving practices with a focus on safety, cost and economic parameters.
- Manage projects according to approved scopes of work, schedule and budget.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Registered Professional Engineer (or eligible for registration) with at least 10 years of applicable experience.
- High level of technical knowledge related to mineral processing of base metal and precious metal ores.
- Well versed in the latest technological innovations in mineral processing plant design.
- Experience in plant operations ideally with operating experience at a senior or chief metallurgist level.
- Previous construction and field experience.
- Able to review metallurgical programs and process designs in a variety of commodities and process scales.
- Able to work as a member of a project team to provide data analysis and engineering support for metallurgical and process issues.
- Able to act as an owner's representative for mineral processing on a project team with appropriate oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience creating and making technical presentations and proven capabilities in writing reports.
- Able to cope with and manage change when dealing with projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Motivated and self-empowered, able to work under minimal supervision and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Results-oriented with excellent organizational, planning and decision making skills.
- Experience in budgeting, resource management and planning.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-JB1 Job Segment:
Materials Science, Metallurgy, Engineer, Geology, Social Media, Science, Engineering, Marketing
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019