January 28, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Supervisor, the Senior Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will manage various maintenance engineering initiatives with the aim of eliminating process and equipment related defects across Fording River Operations' assets. This position will also support the intent of the various Reliability programs at the mine site. Key relationships to this role will be tradesmen, supervisors, planners, and other engineering team members. This position is also responsible for providing the leadership, mentoring and direction for the rest of the Mechanical Maintenance Engineering personnel. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Understand and support various Reliability programs including the principles of predictive and preventative maintenance
- Provide technical support to operations/maintenance and assist technicians during major breakdowns
- Develop and apply risk management programs
- Manage the overall bad actor program and processes
- Participate in reviews for asset maintenance requirements
- Lead investigations into failures, facilitate Root Cause Analysis, and implement corrective actions
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Eligible for, or working towards, registration as a P.Eng with the EGBC
- Experience with mobile equipment, mechanical and electrical systems
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite®: particularly Excel, Outlook and Word are necessary
- Minimum seven years of work experience in mining; previous experience in open pit, truck and shovel operations is advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as effective interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Supervisory and mentoring experience would be a definite advantage
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and excel in a fast paced environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-AK1 Job Segment:
Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Social Media, Electrical, Engineering, Marketing
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...