is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable NORTH VANCOUVER WSP
is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer, to expand our team in North Vancouver, British Columbia office. Reporting to the Director, Electrical, SCADA & Facilities in Infrastructure, the successful candidate will be responsible to expand our service offerings and assist in complete designs for a variety of engineering disciplines, manage projects and oversee construction. Diversity in high-volume of projects will allow this senior engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can bring creative solutions to important projects as part of a friendly and vibrant team, work in an office with the most beautiful views of the Burrard Inlet and North Shore Mountains and not have to fight the crazy downtown traffic each morning as you trek into the office? Then we want to hear from you! Our WSP work culture offers work-life balance, a work hard-have fun motto, and an environment where employees are considered members of our family. Throughout the year we host multiple events for our employees and their families, from outdoor recreation activities like snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking and cycling. Let us help you take your work experience placement to a new level with professional challenges and opportunity for growth in a wonderful atmosphere. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Function as the Lead Mechanical Engineer for water and wastewater related projects, including treatment plants, pumping stations, valves and flow meter projects;
• Manage the Water and Wastewater team's mechanical engineering group, including assigning work, monitoring the quality of mechanical work delivered by the team, mentoring junior staff, providing feedback to the mechanical team on performance, and develop a strategic plan to grow the team;
• Participate or lead proposal strategy and development as pertains to mechanical projects. This includes preparing fee estimates, quotations and offers of service to clients, expressions of interest, and bids as required;
• Work in a multidisciplinary environment;
• Be the Engineer of Record where required ;
• Prepare analyses, designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, presentations, and reports as required;
• Participate or lead the development and implementation of commissioning plans ;
• Undertake internal technical reviews and verification checks on analysis, reports, designs and associated advice;
• Oversee or undertake field reviews for projects under construction;
• Responsible for developing or overseeing the development of design reports, project completion reporting, and Operations and Maintenance manuals;
• Provide clear communication to project personnel including clearly assigned task briefs;
• Monitor project finances and work with your line manager to adjust project activities and methodologies as required to achieve expected profitability targets; and
• Build effective networks and working relationships with key stakeholders and especially clients, current and future. QUALIFICATIONS
• Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited institution;
• Minimum of 12 years professional experience registered as a P.Eng in design, construction management and commissioning for process mechanical municipal facilities or similar type water and wastewater pump station and treatment facilities;
• Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration with EGBC is required;
• Familiarity and experience with Metro Vancouver projects would be a strong asset;
• Understanding and familiarity with Hydraulic Institute pump station design guidelines;
• Strong knowledge of industrial systems, specializing in Municipal and Water and Waste projects including: pump selection & pump station design, chemical storage and feed system design, Blower sizing and blower system design, machinal equipment selection, P&ID production;
• Knowledge of HVAC reconfigurations; simplified spreadsheet and HAP HVAC calculations; computer/LAN room A/C systems; plumbing and drainage; sprinkler and standpipe systems would be advantageous;
• Familiarity with the mechanical engineering environment for the detailed design drawings, tender package specifications, feasibility studies, budget estimates, shop drawing reviews, commissioning, and condition assessments;
• Strong design, project or task management skills desired;
• Experience delivering projects developed using Revit and 3D modeling tools preferred;
• Positive attitude, dependable, with the ability to work independently as well as lead a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work, mentorship and development of staff; and
• Experience with Design-Build Projects would be an asset.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
North Vancouver, BC