is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER, OR ANY MAJOR WSP GOLDER LOCATION IN CANADA
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
WSP Golder is currently seeking a Senior Materials Engineer with a strong focus on concrete and construction materials technology to work out of our office in Vancouver, British Columbia. Alternatively, there is a possibility for the candidate to reside at an alternate WSP Golder office location within Canada.
The Senior Engineer will play a critical role in managing technical projects and client relationships while mentoring and developing junior engineers. Reporting to the Materials Engineer Group Leader, the Senior Engineer possesses a strong background in construction materials engineering, business development, and maintaining client relationships. The Senior Engineer is a key component of delivering on the strategic plans for growth of the BC and Canadian business.
The senior engineer possesses a strong knowledge of engineering design principles for concrete, with a particular emphasis on condition assessment and rehabilitation design, and having a broad awareness of materials science of concrete, aggregates, soil, and asphalt pavement engineering. The senior engineer must also be familiar with testing of concrete and aggregates in accordance with CSA and ASTM Standards. Why WSP?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Provision of materials consulting engineering services for sectors such as: industrial, commercial, municipal, highway, and residential projects for both new construction and the condition assessment and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure;
• Remain highly active on project delivery and billable work;
• Preparation of specifications and contract management related to concrete and construction technology;
• Preparation and review of proposals and technical reports;
• Concrete mix design and review;
• Structural repair and rehabilitation;
• Mass concrete thermal mitigation design;
• Non-destructive evaluation of reinforced concrete;
• Sustainability in Construction Materials;
• Service life and durability evaluation; and
• Pavement mix design and review.
• Procurement of work for construction materials engineering personnel including: concrete, aggregates, soils, and asphalt pavement;
• Will maintain involvement on various industry associations (CSA, ACI, ICRI, etc.) and undertake activities and initiatives such as conference attendance, technical committee involvement, and presentations;
• Initiate and/or assist other members of the Materials Team in business development and developing internal and external clients along with strong Client interaction; and
• Other duties as assigned/required by the Group Lead.
• Reviews assignments prepared by junior personnel for technical accuracy;
• Prepares or supervises the preparation of project cost estimates; and
• Responsible for the effectiveness of project management regarding the functions of project procurement, administrative and technical scope management. What you'll bring to WSP ...
•A degree in a Civil or Materials Engineering discipline with a heavy focus on construction materials (concrete, asphalt pavement, aggregates). A post-graduate degree (Master's or higher) is preferred;
•Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in the Materials Engineering field in Canada (experience in the Greater Vancouver area of BC considered a significant asset);
•Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision to achieve provided objectives;
•Demonstrated acumen with procurement of work and business development is necessary;
•Registered P. Eng. Status, or ability to become registered, with EGBC;
•Ability to occasional out of town travel;
•Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions (such as remote areas, inclement weather, and working alone);
•Must hold a valid BC Driver's License; and
•Strong technical, oral, and written communication skills in English. Additionally, French would be an asset.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada/, Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada/, Montréal, Quebec, Canada/
Engineering Information Technology