Job Description Summary
Are you a skilled engineer looking to take the next step in your career? STEMCELL is searching for a highly organized and innovative Senior Engineer to join our manufacturing team creating cutting edge laboratory instruments that are essential for researchers across the globe. As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will play an integral part in maintaining and improving processes for our laboratory automation systems in order to increase quality, maximize efficiency and reduce costs. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative, multidisciplinary team and deliver innovative solutions for the biotech industry.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Drive the design maintenance and continuous improvement of our Instrumentation products including identifying opportunities and implementing changes to improve manufacturability, serviceability, reliability, quality and margin of our products and processes incorporating industry best practices
- Determine root cause of failures using a systematic approach and statistical methods to recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods including executing risk assessments and making recommendations for risk mitigation
- Lead design transfer activities (BOM and work instruction development, jig and fixture design and implementation, PFMEAs) for new products into manufacturing
- Design, build and validate manufacturing, inspection and quality control equipment including development of supporting process documentation
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing and service documentation according to company and Quality Management System (QMS) standards
- BSc in Mechatronics, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering in an appropriate field with 4+ years of relevant experience, or an MSc in Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in developing and implementing new processes and cost improvements as well as root cause analysis
- Knowledge of material fabrication and finishing techniques for manufacture of complex mechanisms, jigs and testing equipment
- Experience with diverse technologies and processes, lean manufacturing approaches including standard industry best practices and performing FMEAs
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with diverse teams as well as strong attention to detail
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Management and Executive