Do you want to shape the future of cloud computing?
Serverless is the next big evolution in computing, rapidly changing how companies build for the cloud. AWS Lambda provides customers a "Serverless" way to create their applications - a world where the hard problems of managing large scale systems such as resource utilization, security, provisioning and distributed systems development are abstracted away and solved seamlessly by Lambda, so that customers and developers can focus on solving business problems. This is how future applications for the cloud will be built.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Leader for AWS Lambda. This leader will own a significant portion of the customer facing aspects of the Lambda product and engineering organization in Seattle, partnering closely with peer organizations in Dublin and Seattle to achieve successful business outcomes. This leader's responsibilities not only include all aspects of the service experience but also organizational leadership in growing and developing the leaders in their teams while driving the strategic charter for the space.
This is a highly visible role that will interact at all levels of the Serverless organization. Demonstrated experience in creating, managing high growth organizations will be important for this role. A successful candidate will have led large engineering teams and have a strong track record of delivering results. This leader will wear multiple hats - part builder, part operator, passionate advocate for customer needs, unyielding driver for building a world-class organization delivering significant results. This leader will drive innovation in an ambiguous space having a huge impact on the future of Lambda and Serverless computing.
Serverless Computing is early in its lifecycle with AWS Lambda as a clear leader in this evolution. In this role, you will have a significant opportunity to shape the future of computing.
If you are excited by the opportunity to lead a broad organization at one of the fastest growing services of AWS, enjoy working closely with customers and product managers to build new innovative products, then Come Join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 10+ years' experience leading the definition and development of multi tier web services
• 8+ years' experience managing a software engineering group
• 5+ years' experience in engineering managing a team of SDM's and senior engineers
• 1+ years experience building applications that customers use directly.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Experience managing a remote organization and working across locations.
• Proven track record of working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
• Experience building relationships and directly interacting with customers
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming