Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled engineers developing, scaling, and supporting the technologies that power innovation for Amazon Pantry customers?
As a Senior Manager of Software Development for the Amazon Pantry team, you will recruit and lead a highly creative and visionary software development team to build and innovate the technology platform that powers the Amazon Pantry program in multiple marketplaces. Your team will drive and execute on innovations in Amazon Pantry at global scale.
You will make a huge, measurable impact to the Amazon Pantry program, and build and innovate solutions that are simple and easy to maintain and scale.
Amazon Pantry is a fast-growing innovative e-commerce program, launched in US in April 2014. With the unique patent pending business model, Prime Pantry enables Amazon to expand its selection to large number of items which are cost prohibitive to ship individually. The market segment of low priced items represents a major part of retail revenue but minimum e-commerce penetration and thus huge potential growth. Prime Pantry has been one of the fastest growing program in the history of Amazon. It had expanded to 8 countries at the end of 2016.
Amazon Pantry owns and innovate in a wide range of technologies and platforms. This includes the end-to-end experience across platforms and devices globally that enable consumers to easily find, purchase, and reorder the essential products they need and use everyday. Doing so will require the invention of many new capabilities and innovative approaches across selection, supply chain, search and discovery, evaluation and purchase, up-sell and repurchase via a variety of new formats and delivery options.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and develop the team, including hiring, retention, performance management, mentoring and capability/skill development.
• Lead architecture, design, implementation, and operational support of tools and services.
• Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
• Own development of their systems end-to-end
• Provide technical direction
• Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
• Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
This is core strategic role for Amazon Pantry and you will be at the forefront of innovation and growth. If you are curious about big data, machine leaning, highly scalable REST services, Cloud based data storage, distributed systems, supply chain algorithm improvement, voice driven user interfaces or mobile user experience, Amazon Pantry has applications that impact millions of customers everyday. If you're up to the challenge, we'd love to talk to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 10+ years' experience leading the definition and development of multi tier web services
• 8+ years' experience managing a software engineering group
• 2+ years' Experience managing a team of software development engineers and managers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• Comfortable handling multiple challenging priorities in a dynamic environmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working with globally distributed teams
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Data driven decision making
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming