Name of employer: Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, Inc.
Address of employer: 510 West Georgia Street,
Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Job duties: Would you like to be a part of a technology team that enables some of the most profitable businesses at Amazon? Would you like to manage engineering teams that bring new features to millions of Amazon customers while having fun and filing new inventions along the way? If you answered yes to both the questions, then we would like to talk to you about the Sr. Manager, Software development position for the Amazon Payment Products team.
We are responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers worldwide as well as support Amazon's global Cobrand and Private Label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences.
You will co-ordinate the establishment and execution of long-term architectural roadmaps for your teams. You will drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the systems while keeping a high bar for security and availability. You will work closely with multiple engineering teams within Amazon as well as third party financial institutions around the world to deliver your roadmap. You will work with your engineering leaders to recruit and grow world-class engineering talent. You will have excellent communication skills and will partner effectively with your business teams in communicating strategy, status and technical vision to the senior management.
Salary Range: $168,500 to $281,400/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee StockBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 15+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
• 6+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals including software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers
• Minimum 3+ years of managing Software Development Managers
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience designing and developing large scale, high traffic applications.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Expertise in leading the delivery of large-scale services for complex business offerings
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming