144314 Cost Centre:
[[costCenter]] Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. About the role
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is toprovide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Senior Manager operates within the Cloud Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for leading a team of cloud engineers, managing intake for the cloud platform, prioritizing work, delivering on the cloud roadmap, and ensure clients are successful on the use of the platform. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Key accountabilities include managing and coaching a team of cloud engineers, plan and prioritize work delivering on the cloud roadmap, application stewardship, ensure successful operation of the application / platform.
- Build strong working relationship with peers within business lines and partners.
- Negotiate IT project requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, quality, etc.
- Be a progressive thought leader and innovator, while challenging technology norms.
- Manage the intake and ensure clients are successful on the use of the platform.
- Provide training and technical support for the platform.
- Working with other engineers on designing solutions and breaking-down, scoping, and estimating tasks.
- Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups.
- Conduct performance reviews, providing performance feedback and development opportunities.
- After hours L3 support may be required.
What's in it for you?
- 8+ years' relevant work experience
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to effectively build relationship with business users, strategic technology partners, management, and stakeholders.
- Development experience, delivery history, and knowledge of language experience (Java, Node.js).
- Full understanding of software development life cycle as well as related technologies.
- Sufficient domain expertise in cloud platform (Azure) features and capabilities.
- Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers.
- Full stack experience in product development is a benefit.
- Experience in leadership of small sized technical teams in delivering production solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken; of specific importance the strong communication to a technical audience.
- Experience in delivering enterprise systems collaborating and driving solutions with multiple teams across the organization.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, infrastructure architecture, DevOps, and security considerations.
- Awareness of how enterprise-level software systems are designed and scaled (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Product Development, Developer, Manager, Java, Cloud, Research, Technology, Management
Software and Programming Information Technology