Job Description Summary
The Senior Manager, Recruitment (North America) will lead the North American recruitment function for STEMCELL. You will provide hands-on training, coaching and management to the North American team of recruiters, as well as ensure continual improvement in our internal and external recruitment activities. In this role, you will manage processes and practices to ensure the measurable and consistent delivery of high quality recruitment outcomes which provide exceptional (and measurable) customer and candidate experiences.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers timely recruitment activity to meet STEMCELL's annual headcount plan
- Partners with various departments to develop and drive a strong regional employer brand that positions STEMCELL as an employer of choice
- Drives regional recruitment-related projects as required including: identifying new creative sourcing channels, identify and implement process improvements, fine-tune interviewing techniques, providing hiring manager training and feedback, monitoring key HR metrics, etc
- Ensure systems and practices exist to build a pipeline of strong, diverse internal and external candidates across various technical and non-technical roles throughout the regional organization
- Collaborate effectively with regional HR functional area partners (HR Business Partners, HR Operations, and Learning & Development)
- Ensure that North American recruiting function is appropriately staffed, structured and supported to meet the evolving needs of STEMCELL's business; taking into consideration region, service line support and talent supply/market patterns
- Lead, manage, coach, develop and evaluate direct reports through regular one-on-one and team meetings; set team goals, conduct performance reviews; make compensation recommendations for direct reports
- Minimum BSc in Biology or related field or demonstrated strength and interest in biological sciences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, global company
- 10+ years' of relevant experience including 3+ years' in full-cycle in-house or agency recruitment role
- 3+ years' of management experience
- Experience with HRIS Systems would be an asset (Workday preferred)
- A team-player with proven ability to build strong meaningful relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Customer service oriented with focus on providing a high level of service delivery and partnership.
- Agile with the ability to work in an autonomous environment, handle multiple competing priorities and easily adapt to shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience leading a high performing team
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!