Senior Manager, People Services Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Canadian Platinum Level Best Employer
Reporting to the Director, People Services, the Senior Manager, People Services will be responsible for leading the People Services team. This role will ensure the integration and directing of P&D Services activities while ensuring alignment to BCAA's corporate strategy. The Senior Manager, People Services is also responsible for the development of processes and metrics which support the achievement of the organization's goals. What's the status?
Regular Full-TimeWhat are the hours?
35 hours per weekKey Responsibilities Include People Services
• Establish partnerships with all levels of management to ensure effective and consistent practices from People & Development team (Advisors, Specialist, and Recruiter)
• Manage and resolve escalated employee and labour relations cases in accordance with relevant policy, resolution procedures and organization values, and in alignment with Employment Standards and the Collective Agreement(s) • Collaborate with and provide input to People & Development business clients on the continuous improvement of HR practices, processes and programs • Manage BCAA's policy maintenance ensuring that they are relevant and mitigate risk to the Association Metrics and Performance Management
• Responsible for the development of a robust performance management process
• Develop and interpret People and Development metrics and apply to P&D strategy
• Monitor, analyze, interpret and report trends internally and externally and make appropriate recommendations to capitalize on opportunities, mitigate risk and resolve issues. Occupational Health & Safety
• Ensure BCAA's OH&S practices adhere to best practices and are in accordance with WorkSafe BC regulations and Occupational Health & Safety legislation
• Oversee BCAA's OHS committees
• Review and proactively manage key indicators (injuries, claim costs, etc.)
• Acts as a liaison with WorkSafe BC to maintain a strong, positive relationship Labour Relations
• Is the first point of contact for the P&D Specialist or Advisor should an LR issue arises. Provides direction on any LR issues in conjunction with the LR Advisor and Director of P&D.
• Is involved appropriately throughout the negotiations process, grievances, mediations or any arbitrations. Talent Onboarding
• Ensures that the hiring of the team member and onboarding (not including training) is handled in a professional manner and is up to date with best practices. Talent Development
• Ensures that their team members are coaching team members and managers appropriately to align with the overall corporate strategy, for example when working on any performance plans.
• Build bench strength within the team; maintain a healthy succession plan within the department developing promotable talent with the aim to have one promotable non-management team member at all times. Exiting
• Ensures that there are efficient procedures in place for both managers and team members during the exiting process.
• Utilizes metrics for exiting employees to collect data that will continue to ensure BCAA employment brand is maintained Leadership
• Hire, train, inspire and coach team members
• Ensure team has sufficient skills and experience to meet department objectives
• Provide performance management; completes annual reviews on direct reports
• Ensure knowledge transfer and retention in team
• Manage succession and career development
• Facilitate communication and work closely with Sr. Manager, Learning & Development, and Manager, Compensation and Systems. Minimum Qualifications Required skills Education:
University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Prefer a Master's degree with a focus on leadership and human resources Certification
: CHRP preferred Experience:
• Minimum of 7 years in a senior HR role within a medium to large organization, 3 years of which are leading a team.
• Comprehensive knowledge in the areas of employment law, organizational planning, labour relations, recruitment and performance management • Proven ability to deliver and manage projects from inception to completion • Experience demonstrating the client management model: mobilizing the best people and integrating the tools and processes required to meet the needs of the organization • Business driven with strong financial acumen • Proven utilization of HR metrics to assess and improve the performance of HR programs and keeping business leaders apprised of any changes
• Demonstrated ability to provide pragmatic business solutions to complex human resource issues in a dynamic, fast-paced, service-driven environment
• Excellent facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to lead groups through complex change
• Proven expertise in strategic planning, complex problem resolution and general management
• Superb interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships with all stakeholders • Proven ability to utilize creativity when faced with HR challenges
• Demonstrated facilitation of formal and informal presentations to all levels of management
• High level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor human resource professionals and operational leaders • Strong project management skills
Proficiency with HR Information Systems and MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint Division
CPO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name