Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. What BCAA offers you:
Position Overview: BCAA's Marketing team is hiring a Senior Manager, Membership Innovation for a contract role ending approximately December 31, 2021
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
. The Senior Manager, Membership Innovation will work with the VP of Consumer Marketing to lead the re-imagining of Membership and what it means to British Columbians.
This role will help lead our vision to inspire all British Columbians to want to be a Member of BCAA. The focus would be on innovating the product to be a best in class Membership, as well as to set the business up for long term, revenue, profitability, and count growth.
This role will bring together a cross-functional team to develop and execute BCAA's future Membership model and achieve a market-leading offering and customer experience. Key Responsibilities: Innovation and Product Development
Pricing and Offer
- Innovation and Product development:
- Leads innovation and product development process
- Initiates and leads research initiatives
- Leads analytics requirements
- Develop target markets (customer segments, distribution strategies, etc.).
- Financial analysis and planning
- Customer experience design
- Develops and defines the strategy for the future of the Membership offering, that align to the BCAA strategic plan objectives (e.g. revenue, # customers/members, multi-product relationships, expense, operating margin)
- Leads and manages cross-functional collaboration across the organization, incl; Marketing, CX, Sales, IS, Finance and external suppliers to achieve our Membership growth goals.
- Develop and recommend business case proposal.
- Monitors industry trends, competitive issues, customer and Channel feedback, etc. to achieve high level of market/product expertise and to identify opportunities for growth
Communication and Promotion
- Identify and build conceptual models and financial forecasts
- Conduct financial and competitive analysis necessary to review and refine pricing and offer strategy
- Develops communication and promotion strategies in line with our purpose and Brand strategy, to effectively reach target segments in support of product strategy and business plan
- Develop launch campaigns from ideation through creative development with brand team, external agencies and suppliers.
- Develop launch plan for new Membership
- Develops and implements a multi-channel distribution strategy (digital, retail, in-field) maintaining alignment with target member/customer needs and competitors.
- Work with internal and external partners to drive results across all channels
Execution, Tracking and Reporting
- Build change management channel readiness and plan to ensure business is "ready", all channels are equipped to effectively launch the new Membership model. This involves:
- Creating and executing a change plan and effectively leading the change
- Timely communication of performance targets, target markets, product strategies, marketing plans, product enhancement/changes and individual campaigns.
- Ensuring tracking is available to provide timely feedback on results, providing opportunities for corrective action.
- Provides training and strategic insights to the CX to prepare them for customer interaction.
- Promotes product knowledge, sales, profitability and compliance within the Channels through regular meetings, on-site visits and collaboration, training, audits and collection of industry/competitive information.
- Collaborate with CAA to determine changes needed to the overall governance structure
Member and Customer Insight
- Execute, monitor and support any product changes, pricing changes, distribution channel effectiveness, campaigns/promotions
- Manage project budget for maximum effectiveness
Competitive and Industry Insights
- Initiates customer research and analysis to identify actionable insights from a strategic or tactical perspective
- Combine with competitive/industry insights and leverage in communication/promotional strategies
- Requests as needed market research and analysis to confirm high potential product or market opportunities.
- Mines owned data for insights
- Initiates competitive research and analysis to identify actionable insights from a strategic or tactical perspective
- Research and investigate competitor capability and consumer needs, preparing business case
- Monitors competitive activity, positioning and performance via
- ad hoc research (formal, informal)
- external lists and sources
- "Close the Loop" feedback from Sales
- Participation at Industry events and through industry connections
- Bachelors degree in Business (Marketing) or Finance
- 7-10 years directly related marketing work experience in Consumer Marketing or product/service innovation space. Experience in developing and launching new products/services/brands.
- 5+ years experience in a supervisory role.
- Proven Innovation and new product/service development experience.
- Financial skills and P&L management
- Critical thinking - ability to think strategically
- Out of the box thinking
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Consumer and product marketing acumen - ability to analyze, recognize, understand and interpret consumer behavior, brand strategies, customer needs, channels/touch points and be able to turn this knowledge into action.
- Communication - Demonstrated strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written - must be able to convey technical details to non-technical individuals and convey business requirements to technical support units.
- High comfort with software applications - MS Office Suite, with particular expertise in spreadsheet, database and presentation applications
- A track record of continuous learning
Internal Applicants: The deadline to apply for this role is November 18, 2020. Any internal applications received after the internal application deadline will be considered with external applications.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance