Job Description Summary
The HR Operations team is looking for someone for a 16-18 month maternity leave that can lead the delivery and strategy of our global people technology, metrics, processes, and governance programs to support a market leading employee experience across our global locations. Reporting to the Director, Inclusion, Engagement & Rewards you will lead a team of Managers and Professionals working in partnership with broader HR teams in North America, Asia Pacific and Europe, including key partners in the business (e.g. Finance, Payroll and IT).
We have some exciting projects ahead including enhancing metrics/analytics capabilities, supporting broader Talent programs leveraging technology, all while supporting the largest life sciences company in Canada, and we're still growing!Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, operational planning, project coordination, and management to a global HR operational support function that meets current and future business needs and provides high quality service to HR, our employees and leaders at STEMCELL.
- Work with the Director and the team to provide input into our strategy and roadmap that helps move the business towards continued growth, innovation and improvement.
- Develop and/or consult on strategic plans, roadmaps, and business cases in collaboration with business partners and other business leaders that align with STEMCELL's objectives
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement to ensure transactions are executed correctly, proper governance is in place, risks are mitigated appropriately and the employee experience is always top of mind.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the HR Policy & Compliance function, ensuring proper governance of our employment contracts, policies, and practices and compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership and oversight of new markets/jurisdictions, and/or new business concepts, on behalf of HR, ensuring scalability, forward focused, and global application are carefully considered.
- Research market and industry trends in people systems and recommend strategies, new functionality, or technology based on findings in partnership with the Director and HR Systems team.
- Uses their management skills to organize, plan and execute projects to respond to changes in the business.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration strongly preferred; CHRP preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant HR experience including 3+ years in a management capacity specifically leading HR Delivery and HR Systems teams preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, global company
- Experience with HRIS Systems (Workday preferred)
- Expert Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills (G-Suite experience preferred)
- Experience with HR Processes required.
- Experience in process redesign and technology support to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to see broadly and understand strategic changes in the business and effectively translate that into necessary process changes in Global HR Delivery and HR Technology Services in order to support the needs of the business & HR team.
- Experience in HR Metrics and Analytics preferred
- Strong communication, relationship building, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong leadership, customer service, and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in understanding and application of HR related laws (BCESA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ERISA, GDPR, PIPL, etc.) required.
- Ability to effectively influence the thinking and behaviors of others
- Team building and coaching skills required.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, think tactically as well as strategically, demonstrate objectivity, be results oriented, show initiative and creativity and have a bias for responsiveness/action.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!