Job Description Summary
STEMCELL is looking to build out our value-driven project management governance framework, leading best practices, and procedures for all infrastructure projects for the Corporate Affairs division. This will include the development and implementation of establishing guidelines, a governance framework, reporting systems and processes. Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to work with executive leadership and middle management to achieve consensus.
We are looking for a leader with high integrity, honesty, and passion for working in a purpose-driven company to help drive this function forward. If this sounds like you, the Director, Project Management role could be your next career move!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Responsible for establishing and leading the achievement of the Corporate Affairs project management stream annual goals and strategic plan with a 2-3 year time horizon
- Direct Project and Program Managers in the design, planning, execution, monitoring, control of, and reporting on cross functional projects and programs
- Direct Project and Program Managers in managing project proposals, working with project teams to define project plans, objectives, budgets, milestones and timelines, and managing changes to project plans within the constraints of scope, time, quality and cost
- Develop, standardize and enhance program and project management strategies, methodologies, systems and processes. Define and implement metrics to enable ongoing evaluation and continual improvement of program and project performance identifying lessons learned and implementing process improvements based on these learnings
- Coach program and project managers and other team members on program and project management methodologies and approaches
- Manage priorities based on multiple cross functional program and project timelines, key portfolio/client needs and resource loads and capacity
- Maintain internal program and project management milestones and deliverable calendars; proactively communicate opportunities and challenges to capitalize on resource capacity, identify project and program risks and develop risk management/mitigation strategies and negotiate resolution
- Accountable for the oversight, management, maintenance and continual improvement of program and project management tools
- Lead, manage, coach, develop and evaluate direct reports (PL3 and below) through regular one-on-one and team meetings; set team goals, conduct performance reviews; make compensation recommendations for direct reports
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading a team of Project and Program Managers
- Experience managing simultaneous programs and projects of all size and complexity, including customer-facing projects from initiation to implementation using a disciplined approach to project management required
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership: including knowledge of budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, issues management, timely decision making, effective team building, ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately and deal with changing priorities
- Experience working with teams in a matrix environment
- Experience communicating, presenting and influencing all levels of the organization
- Strong People Leadership, Strategic Planning , Project and Program Management, Project Risk Management , Budgeting and Forecasting, Change Leadership and Strategic Influence required
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.