January 24, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor, the Senior Maintenance Specialist is responsible for implementing and supporting maintenance best practices across Teck Coal's mines, coal processing plants, and water treatment assets.
This position will suit experts in the field of asset maintenance who are driven to make lasting organization-wide impacts. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement maintenance improvement projects and initiatives
- Provide expert guidance to site teams on how to improve asset up time and reduce the total-cost-of-ownership for our physical assets. Areas to provide support include Operator-Driven-Reliability, maintenance execution, planning, scheduling, the flow of materials, and Reliability.
- Provide leadership, expertise, and mentoring to personnel across multiple sites
- Understand developments in practices and technology for asset maintenance and apply them to the mobile mining equipment and fixed plant environments
- Coordinate the development and sharing of 'Best Practice' templates for work planning, scheduling, and execution
- Coordinate working groups across the various sites to ensure effective learning and sharing in the communities of practice for maintenance execution, planning, and scheduling
- Ensure accurate master data in the various maintenance systems and databases.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement enhancements & fixes to both software and hardware that support the maintenance function
- A related technical diploma, trade certification, or engineering degree with 10+ years of relevant experience including supervisory experience is required
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional or the ability to obtain
- Strong familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) setup & configuration, experience as an expert user, and a passion to continuously improve the application of the CMMS. Experience with IBM Maximo in particular will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as MS Power BI for data analysis and reporting
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and change management skills
- Must be a proven team player and work well in a fast paced environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MB1 Job Segment:
Engineer, Social Media, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Marketing, Mining
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...