Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Reference ID: 669512
Be part of a team that is driving the expansion of Amazon globally. The Recruiting Technologies and Insights (RXT) team is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and delivery of systems that touch the entire organization.
The Recruiting Technologies (RXT) team is creating an industry leading candidate experience; developing, building, and innovating global, scalable technology recruiting solutions that are intelligent, powerful and light-weight. This team and technologies are a critical component in Amazon's continued growth and launching of new products and services.
As a member of the Machine learning team you will contribute at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning. You will develop and evaluate machine learning models using large datasets, cloud services and listening to customers behaviour to improve the recruiting experiences.
You will implement a reliable automated production workflow for the model and collaborate with other software development teams to integrate the model with the customer experience. You will be working with other machine learning teams, customers and cross-functional teams to build deep learning applications.
Picture working on cutting-edge machine learning in recruiting technologies, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
• PHD or Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Knowledge in Statistics, machine learning, predictive modelling, data mining
• Conducting experiments, building and deploying machine learned solutions.
• 3+ years in one or more major programming languages (Python, Scala, C++, C, Perl/Ruby, etc...)
• 5+ years of experience in the field with a proven record
• Improve and accelerate our technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping.
• Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of research.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Knowledge in languages and frameworks typically used for machine learning•
• Experience with common machine learning techniques such as linear/logistic regression, random forest, SVD, neural networks, deep learning, regularization, etc.
• Experience building robust metrics for machine learning performance evaluation, A/B testing, statistical evaluation of experimental data, etc.
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019