Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Reference ID: 669512
Be part of a team that is driving the expansion of Amazon globally. The Recruiting Technologies team is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and delivery of systems that touch the entire organization.
The Recruiting Technologies team is creating an industry leading candidate experience; developing, building, and innovating global, scalable technology recruiting solutions that are intelligent, powerful and light-weight. This team and technologies are a critical component in Amazon's continued growth and launching of new products and services.
As a member of the Machine learning team you will contribute at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning. You will develop and evaluate machine learning models using large datasets, cloud services and listening to customers behaviour to improve the recruiting experiences.
You will implement a reliable automated production workflow for the model and collaborate with other software development teams to integrate the model with the customer experience. You will be working with other machine learning teams, customers and cross-functional teams to build deep learning applications. As a member of the Machine learning team you will contribute at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning. You will develop and evaluate machine learning models using large data-sets, cloud services and listening to customers behavior to improve the recruiting experiences. You will help us push the limits of technology as we build personalized recommendations. You will have the opportunity to apply a variety of machine learning algorithms including deep learning neural networks, and work on one of the world's largest data sets to influence the long term evolution of our technology roadmap. We are looking for customer obsessed machine learning scientists who can apply the latest research, state of the art algorithms and machine learning to build highly scalable recommendation and personalization systems, as well as tackle content classification problems.
• PHD or Master's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Knowledge in Statistics, machine learning, predictive modelling, data mining
• Conducting experiments, building and deploying machine learned solutions.
• 3+ years in one or more major programming languages (Python, Scala, C++, C, Perl/Ruby, etc...)
• 5+ years of experience in the field with a proven record
• Improve and accelerate our technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping.
• Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of research.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Knowledge in languages and frameworks typically used for machine learning•
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, Natural Language Processing, recommendation systems, deep learning, including convolutional neural networks (CNNs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs) etc.
• Experience building robust metrics for machine learning performance evaluation, A/B testing, statistical evaluation of experimental data, etc.
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
• Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019