The Renewable Energy Team is looking for a software engineer to help build a software platform to manage and optimize Amazon's renewable portfolio. Amazon is committed to powering its operations with 100% renewable energy by 2025 and the scale and scope of this goal requires highly scalable software platform that can support the large volume of IoT data and enable advanced decision making capabilities.
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and inventive engineer with Machine Learning(ML) background to work on implementing models. You will be expected to:
- Design, develop and deploy ML/AI solutions and applications.
- Work on design and technical strategy.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines.
- Collaborate with other engineers, scientists and business stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Engineering or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of experience using Java, Go, Rust, Python, or other programming languages
- MS in Computer Science or engineering, or related technical/scientific field
- Experience building large scale machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems
- Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming