The sustainability team is looking for a Senior Lead Software Developer to build Alexa experiences that help our customers achieve sustainability goals related to energy conservation, water conservation & waste reduction.
In this role, you'll be responsible for taking on challenging technical problems and building and maintaining quality products and systems. You should be able to build for the long-term, driving sound architectures and designing for stability of your systems, with the ability to evolve over time. You should be able to work with a variety of partners to help define our experiences and requirements, and work with your teammates to deliver delightful experiences to our customers. Additionally, you should have a strong sense of ownership, pushing for best practices and operational excellence and display a constant desire to learn and improve.
As an engineering leader, you will solve technical challenges across a wide range of disciplines to deliver our product roadmap. You will build new services and experiences from the ground up, delivering new Alexa features used daily by customers. To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Produce clear and logical design documents for new features and/or initiatives
- Participate in hiring and mentoring new team members
- Implement and test software to support voice-based experiences
- Develop solutions through iteration, with an agile mindset, making decisions using data and customer feedback
- Collaborate with other team members and partner teams in Alexa and World Wide Sustainability orgs. to effectively coordinate solutions and understand design tradeoffs
- Identify opportunities to delight customers by leveraging existing capabilities of Alexa
- Support engineering excellence across our entire software stack
A day in the life
Your role in a startup domain will offer diverse opportunities for creating innovative software. On a given day you might:
- Create design artifacts to support current and future solutions
- Code a brand new Alexa experience
- Create infrastructure to bring sustainability experiences to customers
- Work closely with Alexa speech recognition, natural language understanding or text-to-speech technologies to improve the experience for learning
- Apply your knowledge of services architecture to deliver rock solid availability and performance for our systems
- Work with product management to refine new features
- Celebrate a successful rollout with a first class engineering team!
About the team
The Device Sustainability team is a new team that focuses on delivering experiences that help customers build sustainable habits to mitigate the impacts of climate change. We envision helping every customers make better choices for our planet. We are currently building a brand new set of features in the sustainability domain and our future plans include grassroots efforts to make the world's most popular digital assistant an indispensable resource when it comes to fighting against climate change.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus de 4 ans d'expérience professionnelle en développement de logiciels, hors stage / 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Plus de 3 ans d'expérience en programmation avec au moins un langage de programmation logiciel / 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- Plus de 2 ans d'expérience en lien avec la conception ou à l'architecture du système (architecture, modèles de conception, fiabilité et mise à l'échelle) de systèmes nouveaux et actuels / 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Expérience en tant que mentor, responsable technique OU dirigeant d'une équipe d'ingénieurs / Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- Proficiency with SQL, and SQL databases
- Understanding of distributed data storage and caching
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming