Description Senior Software Engineer, Professional Services What to expect as Elastic Path's Senior Software Engineer?
Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using our API-driven ecommerce platform. Elastic Path customers include Tesla, Intuit, Breville, T-Mobile, Jenny Craig, and many others. Elastic Path's vision to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software has been recognized as innovative by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
Our REST Level-3 API allows customers to integrate ecommerce into their products, services, and websites in unique and cutting-edge ways. We leverage open-source tools such as Apache Camel for enterprise integrations, JBoss Drools for rules evaluation, Apache SOLR for search, and ActiveMQ for messaging. We pride ourselves on being open, and even share our source code with all our customers so they can customize our platform for their particular needs.Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away.What impact will you have?
- Work on the leading adaptable, enterprise-level, API-driven Commerce Engine
- Work on high profile solutions for world-class clients like Tesla, Virgin, TMobile, and Carnival
- Be part of a closely-knit team that pushes the boundaries of Java-based development
- Learn some new stuff, apply it to your work to solve interesting problems, repeat
- Mentor others and be mentored, grow your capabilities in a supportive environment
- Work with smart, capable people who share common goals, be part of a great team
- Enjoy what you do, every day
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
A bit about your approach
- 5-7 years of experience developing enterprise software products.
- Razor sharp skills with Java and Spring Framework in an Agile environment
- Strong experience with relational databases and the Java Persistence API, OpenJPA, iBatis, or Hibernate
- Dependency injection and inversion of control is second nature
- Ability to manage source code changes in Git, and build source code with Apache Maven
- Experience building and consuming REST services and an understanding of HATEOS
- Strong object oriented design skills and solid knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and/or experience with Apache Camel
- Test-driven development (TDD) experience
- Bonus: Ecommerce experience
- Bonus: Knowledge of OSGi
- You're smart and talented and like working with smart and talented people
- You are patient and love mentoring those who aren't as experienced as you
- You're a self-starter who embraces new challenges and helps solve complex problems
- You are ambitious, you aspire to grow your skills and crave feedback to help you
- You always make a positive difference to the teams and products you have worked on
- You're open to travel
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
An Exciting Future
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Onsite fitness facility, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Two lavish massage chairs. You must try these.
- An awesome view!
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.Apply Now!