Senior Java SDET (Frontend)
Job ID GRQA237 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer who specializes in writing code to test the product. They work directly with Developers, Product Managers and other SDETs to understand requirements and designs for upcoming changes, and to devise appropriate test strategies for those changes. They design and write the code for automated test cases and perform hands-on testing.
As a Senior SDET, you will drive growth in your team's automation coverage while mentoring other SDETs in the team on automation and test practices. You will work directly with Java code in a Selenium-based framework to automate testing of a front-end web application. You will support the team's testing efforts while proposing and implementing improvements in the automation coverage and frameworks. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Design, develop and maintain automation frameworks, infrastructure and tools
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Provide suggestions to improve automation and test processes
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members on the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in test development
- Strong understanding of the Java language
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with JUnit
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- network protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- web technologies such as CSS3, HTML5 or React
- continuous integration systems such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- continuous delivery concepts
Think you're a great fit for this position? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.