Senior Java Developer
Our company is an employee and family owned business that has been in operation for more than 125 years. If you want to be part of a great culture, enjoy a stable work-life balance and still do what you love, then you might just be our newest Senior Java Developer.Why work with us?
We work with our users to build the tools that drive our company. We are constantly exploring new technologies and developing new ways to make our business more efficient. At Andrew Sheret you will have the opportunity to:
• Work with an outstanding team of IT and software development professionals
• Learn new technologies and develop new skills
• Explore real-world problems and implement creative solutions
• Work with supportive and understanding management
• Build software that makes someone's day-to-day life easier and more fulfillingWhat are we offering?
What really makes Andrew Sheret a great place to work is the friendly, supportive team of people that you get to work with every day. Having said this, we offer everyone on our team an excellent compensation package including:
• A competitive salary
• Excellent extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A matching program for your RRSP to help you grow your financial well-being
• An annual performance bonus
• An employee share program that rewards you when you reach key anniversaries
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your roleWhat will you be doing?
Based out of our Head Office in Victoria, you will be working with our business users and customers to define requirements and develop applications using a variety of tools and techniques. Once developed, you will deploy and manage your applications as part of our production environment.
You will be supported by a team of IT and software development professionals with a wide-ranging set of skills and a desire to try out new solutions and technologies.
The diversity of this role ensures that this position offers a broad and exciting range of technical challenges and opportunities.The ideal candidate will have:
We have a great team because we always hire the best. We are looking for a passionate full-stack developer with excellent fundamental problem solving skills.
• At least seven years of Java development experience
• An excellent understanding of OOD/OOP
• Experience with reactive/mobile web design
• Experience with relational databases/SQL
• Experience with REST API development and best practices
• Excellent communication skills and a positive, enthusiastic demeanor
• Strong organizational skills and a passionate attention to detailPreferred Experience:
In addition to the above, there are a few skills that will help your application stand out:
• A practical grasp of the SDLC, SCRUM and SCCS an asset
• Working knowledge of Servlets, Spring, Spring Boot, Thymeleaf, Hibernate and Bootstrap
• A practical understanding of Linux system administration and basic TCP/IP networkingHow to Apply:
To apply, please email cover letter and resume referencing "Senior Java Developer" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level
Software and Programming