Senior /Intermediate CISCO Unified Communications Engineer (UCCE) -- Full Time
Reports To: Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations
Location: Move to Victoria, BC
As a member of the Telecom Support team, you will have responsibility for configuring and supporting the Cisco Contact Center Enterprise infrastructure driving the company's IP Contact center growth.
This position will be in Victoria, British Columbia for a CISCO Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Communications Engineer. This position will support the MAXIMUS call center operations for the Victoria support team.
The successful candidate will be well versed in Cisco Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Communications technologies, and who also has a working knowledge of CISCO Voice and Network components coupled with system administration. He/she will be a methodical problem solver and will analyze and resolve business challenges within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies.
MAXIMUS supports a complex network system with multiple data centers spread across Canada and works with government network support teams as well as our hosting and network providers to support the networking requirements.
Some evening and shift work and standby support will be required.
• Provide configuration, support and troubleshoot of Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) components: ICM, CVP, VXML, CUSP, CTI, CUIC, Finesse. ICM and Call Studio scripting.
• Provide configuration, support and troubleshoot of all Unified Communications infrastructure: CUCM, CUC, IM&P, Cisco Jabber, CUBE/ Voice gateways, voice circuits (SIP trunks and/or TDM).
• Assess, design, and document technical requirements supporting business/RFP needs for Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Networking (VOIP and Call Center).
• Cisco Collaboration certifications preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• 4 to 6 years on CISCO Contact Center Enterprise Administration and Troubleshooting (UCCE or PUCCE): ICM, CVP, VXML, CUSP, CTI, CUIC, Finesse.
• 4 to 6 years on Unified Communications Administration and Troubleshooting: CUCM, CUC, IM&P, Cisco Jabber, CUBE/ Voice gateways, voice circuits (SIP trunks and/or TDM); Good knowledge of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), G.711 and G.729 codecs, Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), H323, QoS
• Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of system ownership.
• Collaboration skills and attention to detail.
Nice to Have Skills
• Telstrat call recording
• Solar Winds Network Performance Monitor/Configuration Manager
• Virtual System/Storage Administration
• Microsoft Windows Administration
• Microsoft SQL server administration
• Linux Administration
• CISCO UCS Server support
• ACME Packet session border controllers.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and the ability to troubleshoot LANs and WANs preferred
Connect with employer:
About MAXIMUS Canada
MAXIMUS is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and aro...